Tuesday, December 2, 2014

House of Cards December Challenge

The Paper Sweeties design team is joining forces with the House of Cards team to provide inspiration for their December challenge.

I just love the inspiration photo below. The colors, the deer, the silver ... it's all so beautiful and elegant.

My card uses many of those beautiful elements. I just happened to have some Martha Stewart Christmas paper left over from a few years ago. It fits perfectly with the theme! The sentiment is a die from the Joy set. I die cut it several times. I lost count, but I think it was like five or six, then I glued them on top of each other to create a thick raised look. I then liberally applied ink from my Versamark pad to the top of the sentiment, then heat embossed it in silver. It looks like metal, but it's not. It's paper!

I also stamped and heat embossed the snowflakes from the Holly Days set in silver before die cutting them and adhering them to the card.

Please join the rest of the team for further inspiration and then make your own card and enter the challenge. The winner get's a $20 gift certificate to Paper Sweeties!!
 

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!

Jill Norwood said...

Wonderful card! I love the snowflakes in the background!

Samra said...

Such a beautiful festive card! My favorite is the silver Noel :)

cghundley said...

So pretty, loving
the embossing and
the Noel!
Carla from Utah

Maria said...

Wow! So very pretty with the die cut and snowflake background!

Anonymous said...

Very original and creative!

Mynn xx said...

This is stunning, Annette! LOVE the beautiful silver on vellum--and the snowflakes peeking out are genius! I hope you link it with our collection at House of Cards so the other DT gals there can leave you some love as well! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...