Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Online Watercolor Class Day 3

I am a machine! Three posts in a row ... whew! I can't help it, I'm enjoying this class and I want to get as much out of it as I can, which includes doing my homework and trying out these innovative techniques.
On Days 1 and 2, we learned various ways to make watercolor backgrounds. Today, we started working with images. The card I'm sharing entails inking your stamp with water soluble marker like Distress Inks. I used my Tombow markers because I had them on hand and they work exactly like the Distress Markers.



Some of the stamps I used are oldies. In fact, one is so old, the company doesn't even exist anymore, but the images were perfect for the look I was trying to accomplish. Usually I like to use new products for design team posts or magazine submissions, but because I am practicing some new techniques, I decided it would be okay to bring out some "vintage" stamps.

Products used:
Flower Pot stamp - Clear Dollar Stamps (No longer in business)
Pink flowers - Lawn Fawn
Blue and Purple Flowers - WPlus9
Markers - Tombow
Sentiment - A Jillian Vance Design
Ink - Memento

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

8 comments :

joyceglee said...

What a joyful card. I love your stamping and color choices!

Jean said...

Wonderful! I have got to try this technique. Your image is adorable.

Kathryn A said...

Beautiful card! Love your watercolouring!

chera said...

so stunning...looks like an actual water coloured picture!!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a beautiful water color painting! I love how this came out!

Virginia L. said...

Oh... this is so lovely, Annette! You have earned an A Plus in this class :)

Carole said...

Oh I do love your card! C x

WickedPixie said...

This is beautiful!! You had such vision to put all these different stamps together! And it is painted beautifully!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...