Friday, March 14, 2014

Pi Day!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I interrupt this regularly scheduled blog post to bring you a special report. Today is Pi Day! What is Pi Day? It's the day we celebrate pi - not the kind you eat. That's spelled pie. I'm talking about the unique constant number used to calculate the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Whew! That's a mouthful.

Pi rounded to the nearest hundredth is 3.14. Today, March 14, is also represented as 3-14. Thus, Pi Day. Check out this fun site that is all about Pi Day.

Here is a card I made for my son's math teacher. I know she will love it!!


I should add a disclaimer to this post: I do not know exactly how to use pi. I learned it in grade school, but I haven't used it recently. My husband, on the other hand, has used pi. In fact he used it to compare the amount of food you get in a 14" vs. a 16" pizza PIE!! So, if you think you don't need to learn it because you'll never use it, you're wrong! One day, you may want to know if you're getting your money's worth buying an extra large vs. a large pizza and you'll need pi to figure it out!

Okay, back to my regularly scheduled post. Have a great Π Day!!


No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...