Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ahoy! It's the Mayflower!!

It's my turn to post on the Eyelet Outlet blog today. I made a couple of fun projects for my Thanksgiving themed post. I'll start you off with a little humor. I seriously cracked myself up with this one! If turkey's could talk, they would be yelling this right now!

Supplies:
Turkey brads - Eyelet Outlet
Paper - American Crafts
Sentiment - Computer Generated (Font is Skinny Jeans)

 Now for a non-card project. I made a boat!! Specifically, I made a miniature paper version of the Mayflower. If any history buffs are reading this, let me clarify that I know the Mayflower didn't have pilgrim hats and writing on the its sails. I can also say with confidence that the pilgrims did not display the banner "America or bust!" In fact, I don't even think the New World was even called America, but it's fun to pretend, right.

Wouldn't this be a fun treat holder to place on the table at Thanksgiving? I loaded my boat with Skittles, but you could use nuts, crackers or even popcorn!

I created the boat in Silhouette Studio. As a special treat and as my way of saying "Thank You" to my readers, I am going to make this available on my blog for FREE. You don't even have to be a follower to get it (but I always get a little excited when I see a new follower added to the my list.)


 Supplies:
Pilgrim Hat Brads - Eyelet Outlet
Bling - Eyelet Outlet
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Brushed Corduroy)



No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...