Tuesday, November 13, 2012

CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge

I thought I'd try a new challenge I recently stumbled upon. It's called CAS(E) this sketch! The sketches are clean and simple designs, just the way I like them. This challenge ends in a few hours, but if you stay tuned, more will be coming. I encourage you to check it out, too!

Here is my card:

It's based on this sketch:

I just happened to get some new stamps from A. Jillian Vance Design that includes the image of the three pumpkins. I colored them with Copics and fussy cut them. Before adhering them to the card base, I applied a technique called Fran·táge. Created by Fran Seiford, owner and creator of Stampendous stamps, this simple technique involves sprinkling a bit of embossing powder and heat setting it from the back of the card so the powder doesn't blow away. Pretty neat, huh! I love the extra texture and bling it offers. It also helps draw the eye to the pumpkins, which are the main focal point of the card. Here is the full recipe:

Stamps: A. Jillian Vance Design
Paper: Recollections and Echo Park
Markers: Copic
Inks: Memento, Versamark
Embossing Powder: Stampendous!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a crafty day!!


6 comments :

dawnmercedes said...

I love it!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

The splatters above the pumpkins look cool! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Unknown said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing along with this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Jen W. said...

Your pumpkins are gorgeous and that Fran-tage is fabulous! Must try that sometime! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Jingle said...

Super cute card!

HappyCrafter said...

What a pretty card, I sure like the clean cut feel of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...