Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ink it Pink Wobbler Card w/ Tutorial

Hello everyone! Today I have a special treat for you. I'm hosting this week's Ink it Pink challenge at Pink by Design, where I made this card for inspiration. The challenge is to use a ribbon in your project. Not only did I add ribbon, but I made this a wobbler card. You know, the latest new gadget that's a spring with sticky adhesive on each end. I thought it would be fun to make the potion wobble back and forth as if it was being shaken.

I'm also entering this into the Moxie Fab World Stamp It! Love Cards challenge.


I didn't have an Action Wobbler on hand, so I made one. I'm going to show you how to do it using supplies you probably already have on hand.

Here's what you'll need:
  • Heavy cardstock (scraps are perfect!)
  • Small circle punch
  • Exacto Knife or scissors
  • Light gage wire (Tip: The higher the number, the thinner the wire. Likewise, the lower the number, the thicker the wire. I used a 32-gage wire in this tutorial.)
  • Redline tape or foam mounting tape
  • Pencil or wire coiling pliers.
  • Wire cutters or heavy duty scissors.
Step 1 - Cut two circles from heavy card stock using a small circle punch.

Step 2 - Cut a slit starting from the center and going outward. Do this to both circles.

Step 3 - Wrap the wire around coiling pliers or a simple pencil will do just fine, too, including a Lightning McQueen mechanical pencil you stole from your son's stash. LOL! I wrapped it around five times.




Step 4 - Insert the coil into the slit of the punched circle, leaving only one coil on the outside.


Step 5 - Adhere redline tape or mounting tape on the outside.


Step 6 - Snip off the edges of the tape.


Step 7 - Repeat steps 4-6 on the other side. Your finished wobbler will look like this:


You're probably wondering "That's great and all, but does it wobble?" Well, see for yourself.


5 comments :

Annette Allen said...

wow now this is one fun card...I love that you made your own wobblers...such a great idea...I am so going to have to try this...thanks for the tutorial...

Shelly said...

Very cute card!! You did a great job with the directions and they were very easy to follow with the pictures:)

BrendaB said...

Thanks for the instructions! Your card is fabulous!

Melinda Gleissner said...

I have tried for 2 days to get here to comment. So glad for the chance to look at your card again. It is so stinkin' cute! I love your little love potion. Thank you for the step-by-step.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Annette! Thanks for linking this up to the Love Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...