Wednesday, March 14, 2012

RIC #7

Today, I'm posting another card I made for the relatively new Runway Inspired Challenge, a challenge blog that finds inspiration from the latest fashion trends. This time, the inspiration piece came from Anna Sui's fall collection.

I drew inspiration primarily from the colors - vibrant pink, deep red, electric blue, bright orange, and then your basic black and white. I used some modern graphical elements that I recently downloaded from the Silhouette store, and cut them from paper in the inspiration colors. The sentiment is stamped in a serif font similar to the one used in the inspiration piece. The negative space that surrounds the sentiment was inspired by the scallop-shaped clock.


RIC 7
Anna Sui Fall 2012

5 comments :

Melinda said...

Annette, I love your take on the inspiration picture. You have a great eye for details. This challenge is new to me, mind if I play along?

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Super chic!

Unknown said...

Love these bold simple shapes!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I adore the modern shapes on your card! So glad you could join us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the graphic design elements of your card. Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...