Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Wood" You Like to See My Card?

Hello my crafty peeps.I'm sharing a card I made for the Create Blog (Cards Magazine). The challenge is to make cards with real wood. So I pondered, and pondered and pondered ... "What do I have that is made of wood, but is also small enough and light enough to use on a card?" And then the invisible light bulb above my head went off. DING!! Toothpicks!! Yep, they're not just for getting food out of your teeth anymore! They're now considered card embellies, my friends.

Now that I had an idea, I had to put my elaborate (well, not really) plan in place. I created and then cut a sailboat on my Silhouette SD. I placed the negative on top of some patterned paper and traced an outline of the boat. Then I cut up my toothpicks into smaller pieces and glued them inside the traced image. I placed the negative cut image on top of the paper and popped them up with foam dots. Next I adhered the waves, also created on my Silhouette, onto the card. I also popped them up for some extra dimension. I stamped the sentiment with Stampin' Up! Island Indigo using one of the cute sentiments from Joy's Life stamps. I am so loving her cute punny sentiment stamps. I am still super thrilled to be designing for her.

Speaking of Joy's Life stamps, did you know the design team is hosting our first-ever challenge over on the Joy's Life Design Team blog? The challenge is to "make it messy." Break out your inks, paints, Smooch, mists or any wet, sticky, goopy supplies  and have fun making a mess!! (I don't know about you, but I'm always cleaning up after everyone else's mess. It's about time I get to make the mess!!) Click here to participate in the challenge. Submissions close Nov. 16. Have fun and happy crafting!

In the meantime, I am hoping this card "wood" float your boat:


6 comments :

Paige Taylor Evans said...

How CUTE is this card? I love how it turned out!

Jingle said...

This is SUCH an adorable card!!!

Rochelle Sodipo said...

Very cute! Toothpick LOVE! :)

Annette Allen said...

WOW girl you are so creative...love it

Connie Mercer said...

You are an awesome card maker!!!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That is the cutest card, Annette!! I LOVE how you die cut the layers and added the wood. Super cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...