Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday John!!

I adore my husband. He is a wonderful provider, a fierce protector and a loving father, to name a few exceptional qualities. I am so blessed to have him in my life. I love him with all my heart. Today is his 47th birthday, or, as we've been saying, it's the 18th anniversary of his 29th birthday. We had a wonderful time celebrating the day God put him on this earth. (Thank you, Lord!)

After church, we went to brunch and then enjoyed playing with our kids at the park. When we arrived home, I let him take a nice long nap until dinner time. At dinner, I started a new tradition. I got this idea from Beth Moore at her conference this weekend. We went around the table and each named three things we love about John a.k.a. Daddy. By the time we were finished, his eyes welled up with tears of joy.

What's a birthday without cake and ice cream? And of course, you can't forget the birthday card!!

Here are some pics of his cake, his silly little self licking the icing off of the candle and the card I made for him. Happy Birthday, honey. You're the best!



3 comments :

Imaginisce said...

lovin' your Geek Birthday Card, Annette. Birthday from a back-to-school line is a fun and refreshing take!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! The card made me LOL--love that paper! How did you find it so quickly?

Paige Taylor Evans said...

"it's the 18th anniversary of his 29th birthday" lol - I have to use that from now on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...