Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Garden of Love

This is definitely in the top 10 favorite cards I've made. Lily Pad Cards is hosting their first ever digital die cut challenge. The very generously provided free cut files on their Web site. The challenge is to make a card using at least one of the images. If you have a die cutting machine like a Silhouette, Cricut or Pazzles, go to Lily Pad Cards and get your free files!! I've posted a pic of them below.

This week's die cut freebies are cute garden-themed images. Coincidentally, I just bought the new "Bless My Bloomers" Stamp set at Clear Dollar Stamps. Then Beate John's did a tutorial of a side step card on Splitcoast Stampers. Everything all came together. I got to use the free files, my new stamps, color with my new Copics and try a new technique. It's like Christmas, but with lots of rain instead of snow. (We just set the record for the most rainfall in April in Ohio. I'm totally ready for some sunshine!)

Here is my card:



Die Cuts from Lily Pad Cards

10 comments :

Nancy K said...

Wow...this is such a wonderful design! I really need to try one of those side step cards...yours is perfect for the garden theme. Loving your use of the digital images and that sweet sentiment! I'm so glad that you are playing in the Lily Pad Challenges!

Lin said...

Oh my GOODNESS, this is so cute!! I love how all those "coincidences" came together just at the right time! Being a heart nut, I love your little heart touches here and there on your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards! Beautifully done!

Vicky said...

Another amazing creation Annette!!! I am speechless, just keep looking at your card for minutes to see all those little details and are those boots full of mud?! Genius!

Nona said...

Wow, this is such a darling little card! Love what you've done with Beate's tutorial. I definitely need to try this technique sometime :) TFS!

Jocelyn Olson said...

This card is so stinkin' cute! I love it! I haven't heard of Lily Pad cards, so I'm off to check them out...

Your cards are awesome, and I cannot believe how good your coloring is. I *love* your style!

Thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog--it made my day! :)

Kathy said...

Wow I love all of the yummy layers that you created!! So so beautiful! Awesome card. Thanks for playing along with Lily Pad. :)

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Absolutely delightful! So much detail.

Pia said...

WOW I am impressed with all the wonderful layers and details. Just amazing! Thanks for playing along with Lily Pad Cards.

Unknown said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

i appreciate your work that is really wonderful it look like real yard .
Plastic Cards
Plastic card printing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...