Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's Disco Night!

I just started participating in a new challenge at Splitcoast Stampers called teapotters. What a fun group of creative ladies! Our challenge today was to make a card inspired by A Night At The Roxbury. Remember that silly movie based on the two SNL characters who dance to "What is Love?"  Chris Kattan just cracks me up! Anywhoooo ... I was being nostalgic and remembering when I was in my 20s and dancing at the clubs. I was never much of a drinker, but I sure loved to dance. I wanted my card to include four things: A disco ball, a cityscape, a stiletto heel and lots of bling. It was too much for one card, so I made two!! Here they are:





5 comments :

Anne Marie Hile said...

These are SO much fun, Annette! These are such a great take on the challenge. I have that crazy song from the SNL sketch/movie stuck in my head now! :) I love the bling on your shoe card so much! Can I ask where you got it?

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Thank you, so much. I had the song stuck in my head, too! I kept singing it around the house and driving my kids crazy! Hee hee

I made the bling with my Silhouette machine. It's one of the free files that comes with the machine's software. I cut it on the glitter paper from DCWV. It didn't cut all the way through so I had to carefully use my exacto knife to weed it out. Then, I stuck a gem in the center and used a dimensional to pop it up. I'm glad you like it. :)

Tania said...

Both are fantastic... I love the shoe card just a bit more, though.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I just love that city scape card and the fabulous shoe! Great cards! :)

Kecia said...

Both are incredible. I'm really loving the skyline one though...that disco ball is over the top!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...